Asset library gives you a complete overview of the files uploaded in your project.
Every time a content contributor adds an inline image to a Rich text element or an asset to an Asset element, this new file will be stored in the project’s Asset library.
In the Asset library, you can:
- Upload a new asset via drag & drop or by selecting a file on your machine
- Search assets
- View asset details
- Download assets
- Delete assets
Searching in asset library
Find the assets you want by typing your query into the filter field. The search looks in asset file names including the file extension.
Viewing asset details
Click on any asset in the Asset library to open its details. In the asset details, you can write an asset description that will be used as an alt text for images, and view metadata of the asset in the right panel.
The metadata includes:
- File name and extension
- File size
- Date of upload
- A list of content items (and their language variants) in which the asset is used
Localizing asset descriptions
You can write an asset description for each language variant separately. When retrieving content, Delivery API will use the asset description in the language of the content item.
- If the content item is not available in the requested language variant, the defined fallback language is used for both the content item and the asset description.
- If the asset description for the language of the retrieved content item (either requested or a fallback) is not available, Delivery API returns the empty asset description.
You can delete an asset only if it's not used within any content item.
To delete an asset:
- In the Asset library, click on an asset.
- Click More actions (⋮).
- Click Delete.
If you want to revert the delete action, click the Undo button in the top right corner.
When you restore a revision of a content item, which uses an asset that was deleted from the Asset library, you will restore the used asset as well. The restored asset will appear in the Asset library.
To revert to an earlier version of a content item, see Restoring revisions.