Every subscription of Kentico Cloud comes with a Dancing Goat sample project that contains marketing content for an imaginary chain of coffee shops. Explore it to see an example of effectively structuring and modeling your content.
Note: If you were invited to Kentico Cloud as a contributor, you might not have access to the sample project. You can ask the manager of your subscription to add you to the sample project or contact our support to generate your own.
The sample project only contains the content itself. How the content is actually displayed is defined by a particular website or application that retrieves the content using an API.
Exploring the sample application
To show you the sample content in action, we have deployed a sample application for you. To connect the sample app to your sample project:
- Switch to your Sample Project using the project switcher in the top-left corner.
- Navigate to https://app.kenticocloud.com/quickstart.
- Click Open sample website.
You will be taken to a public sample website showing content from your copy of the sample project.
If you want to have a look at the code, you can run the sample application locally.
Making changes to your project
Update some content and see the changes reflected in your sample application:
- From the app menu, choose Content & Assets.
- In the filter panel on the left, select the Article content type to view only articles.
- Click one of the articles to edit it. For example, the Coffee processing techniques article. (Inside the sample app, navigate to Articles -> Coffee processing techniques to see how the content is displayed.)
- To update the article, click the Published workflow step, then select Create new version.
- Make some changes.
- Change the workflow step again from Draft to Published.
1. On the Details panel, click the current workflow step (Draft).
2. Select the last workflow step in the list (Review).
3. Click Update status at the bottom of the side panel.
4. Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 to move the content item through the workflow and publish it (Draft -> Review -> SEO verification -> Ready for approval -> Approved -> Publish).
- Reload the page in the sample application to see the changes (use CTRL+F5 to clear cache and reload).
When you are ready, take the first steps to create your content in Kentico Cloud: